Wednesday, January 10, 2007

dented toptube on my singlespeed

ouch . Did a nightride on the greenbelt and my HID lamp went out right when I was crossing through a rock garden, causing me to crash very hard into some nasty rocks . I have a prominent dent in the toptube of my IF singlespeed and I bashed my right knee hard as well, causing it to swell up dramatically. It is very painful to bend it at the moment. I dont think I broke anything, it will just be very painful for a week or two. My IF is still rideable, the dent is cosmetic. When I get it repainted, they should be able to get rid of the dent or cover it up with some putty. It makes me think I should eventually get a straight-gauge Ti frame at some point - it would be more durable in crashes, and no paint to chip either.

No comments: